Guidelines for Posting Comments
We want the DHS LeadUP website to be a place not just for news, but for a conversation. We want to hear what you think about posted news, articles, and other content. We also hope to engage with you and others in leadership conversations.
To increase meaningful conversation, we are providing some guidelines to ensure that commenting is done in a respectful and professional manner.
We hope you’ll appreciate and stand by these guidelines. Our goal is to make the news blog a place for both information and feedback. What you say matters.
Blog comment and moderation guidelines
When posting comments, please observe our site participation guidelines:
- Use your real name when posting comments.
- Be respectful of others who use this site.
- Stay on topic.
- Keep comments concise.
- Refrain from using language that is offensive, inflammatory or confrontational.
- Do not use this site for party-political purposes.
- Please do not post personal information in comments such as addresses, phone numbers, e-mail addresses or other personal contact details which may relate to you or other individuals.
- Do not promote commercial endorsements of any product, service or publications not relevant to the discussion.
- Contribute to the conversation. If you disagree, that’s great! Voice your opinion and say why you think the post is wrong (just try to be civil).
- If your comment is removed from the blog site, it means the LeadUP team feels it does not follow the established participation guidelines.
If you have any questions about commenting on the LeadUP website, please contact Adrienne Stone at email@example.com